Chicken & Avocado Couscous Salad
- 1 cup Couscous + equal measure of boiling water
- Knob of butter
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ½ avocado
- Handful mangetout
- Handful plum tomatoes
- Drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200oC fan
- Rub the chicken breast with paprika and cumin. Wrap in kitchen foil and put in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and slowly lower in the egg and cook for 8 minutes. (Slightly less if you want a runnier yolk or longer if you want it more set). Remove and place into a bowl of cold water to prevent further cooking.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous into a bowl and cover with equal amounts of boiling water. Cover and leave for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and fluff up with a fork.
- Mix in the red onion.
- Once the chicken is cooked, use 2 forks and shred it up.
- Serve some couscous on a plate along with the pepper, tomatoes, mangetout, avocado and lettuce. (Cover the rest of the couscous and keep in the fridge)
- Add shredded chicken and drizzle with the oil to serve
- Couscous, chicken and boiled eggs can all be made in large quantities and kept in the fridge for up to a week.
- Make in advance for easy lunches for the week.
- Try changing things about by changing the spices on the chicken, adding some spice to the couscous or enjoying it in a wrap.