Since it is Movember, here are 4 great, simple recipes that combine the vital nutrients needed for your tache to flourish!
Chicken Omelette with green peppers, spinach and cheese
- 2 Eggs
- A knob of Butter
- Olive Oil
- 1 Chicken Breast, Chopped
- Handful of Spinach
- Small amount of grated cheese
- Handful of Green Peppers, Chopped
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until all evenly coloured and cooked through.
- Add the peppers to soften then remove from the pan along with the chicken
- Whisk together the eggs, season with a pinch of pepper. Heat butter in a pan till its melted and foam has settled down.
- Add the eggs, shake the pan to distribute eggs evenly then leave until they begin to bubble (around 20 seconds).
- Add the chicken, peppers, cheese and spinach.
- Using a spatula, bring in the edges of the egg to the centre while shaking the pan to move the liquid to the edges.
- Take off the heat once the omelette is slightly runny in the middle, fold 2 edges into the middle and shake the pan onces more.
- Tip onto a warm plate and serve immediately
Salmon, topped with wholemeal breadcrumbs and walnuts with sweet potato wedges and broccoli
- Fillet of salmon
- Wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Handful of walnuts
- Tablespoon Low Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 Small sweet potato, cut into wedges
- Herbs/Spices of your choice
- Olive oil
- Handful of Broccoli
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
- Toss sweet potato wedges in olive oil and herbs/spices until coated evenly
- Roast in the oven until lightly browned (They usually take around 20 minutes)
- Using a blender or food processor, chop walnuts into fairly small bits (have them thicker if you want a bit more of a crunch), and combine with breadcrumbs.
- Rub a little olive oil on each side of the salmon and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Put the cream cheese on the salmon and top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in the oven on a greased baking sheet
- Place the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for around 8 minutes until soft
- Bake for around 15 minutes.
- Serve Immediately with the sweet potato wedges and broccoli.
Grilled chicken breast with a pesto sauce served with mixed vegetables
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- Handful of Basil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic, finely chopped
- Mixed Vegetables
- Preheat the grill to Hot
- In a small bowl, mix together a tablespoon of olive oil and garlic. Squash the garlic up with a fork to release the flavours, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and leave to infuse for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, take your chicken breast and pound to around 1 inch thick and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- For the pesto, place the basil, cheese, 1 tsp garlic, 3 tbsp olive oil, and pine nuts into a food processor. Blend until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Brush the chicken breast with the infused oil and place under the grill.
- After about 5 minutes flip the chicken and put back under the grill.
- Once the chicken is cooked, serve with mixed vegetables and pesto.
Mixed Bean Salad
For the salad
- in Mixed Bean Salad, drained and rinsed
- 2 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 1 Large Tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1 Small Red Onion, roughly choppe
- 1 Green Pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Handful Mixed Nuts, roughly chopped
- Handful Spinach, chopped
- Handful Rocket, chopped
For the dressing
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- Place all the salad ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients until well combined
- Serve the salad drizzled with the dressing.