Nutrition For Marathon Workshop - March 2018
Signing up for a marathon is a big step and it is important that you enjoy the whole experience. Training for a marathon is very demanding on your body and if not taken seriously can be potentially dangerous. This workshop is designed to give you all the information and skills you need to know in order to achieve success in your event.
If you are doing your first marathon or are an experienced marathon runner looking to reach the next level, this will give you all the tools to achieve your goal!
The workshop is led by a professional, fully qualified sports nutritionist with years of experience working with marathon runners. Over the course of the 2 hour session we will be looking at the following areas:
- Energy and Macronutrient Requirements (including how to work out your own requirements)
- Training Nutrition
- Race Preparation including Nutrition Strategies (e.g. Carb Loading)
- Race Day (What should you be consuming?)
- Supplements (What are they? Do you need them?)
- Achieving Your Goals on a Budget
- Meal Planning
- Opportunity to Ask Questions Relating to Your Own Preparations.
- Plus special guest speaker: Professional podiatrist, Nikki Grant will be discussing; Trainer choice, choosing the right sock, preparing the feet for race day, dealing with hot spots and post race care.
Who Should Attend?
There is always room to improve your performance. Whether you are a beginner just wanting to finish your first race or an experienced marathon runner looking to reach the next level, making small changes and understanding where you can improve could make the difference between achieving your new PB or not.
When Is It?
Sunday 4th March 2018 – 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Tuesday 6th March 2018 – 7:00pm – 9:00pm